Monday, August 11, 2008

Taking on The Invisible Palm

Hey there,

Whats goin on?
Got a new assignment from my "mentor" Sam, hmm, for now i wont be disclosing how the effect would look like. I've shared it with Leann and we are going to work on the Project this saturday. Cant wait for it! Im excited to work on it and develop the effect. Its part of my step by step shift to bizarre mentalism and im very very thankful to Sam and Nomer for grooming me and giving me tips and advices. Nomer was kind and generous enough to share with me during a gathering, the "Around the world with Nomer". I have been trying it since then and its very practical with a deck of cards - although i have yet to know the full facet of the effect. Sam is very very helpful, he has given me materials for the "wounded" and "saw" effect. He also thought me, different approaches and attacks to a "bizarre effect" and different "bizarre magic" effects as well. Most of it, i am not trying yet but slowly im heading it that direction.

After learning the Lazy Man's Interlocking Setup by Michael Maxwell, im into another card effect, this one is called the INVISIBLE PALM, originally i think by Paul Harris and popularized by Wayne Houchin. I cant wait to perform the routine, perhaps tomorrow. But i am yet to polish it and i have to develop another patter because what im doing is just mimicking WH's. Yes, i must be unique. Im proud to say that i built up another presentation for the Lazy Man's setup other than Maxwell's.. And i made it a lot fairer to the spectators because both separate packets are thoroughly shuffled to their content. I have shown this to Cmeister (aka KEVIN HO ng TSC) and he gave me good props for the patter i developed. To quote him - "Pre, putsa astig yung tinuro mo sakin, lakas ng sigawan nung pinerform ko kanina". Good for him! He is slowly injecting effects to that insane flourishing skills of his. hehe. I gave on learning how to do Madonna, my hands are not cut out for flourishing! I enjoyed doing a false sybil though. hehe

Anyways, here's the link-Wayne Houchin doing the INVISIBLE PALM that im working on.

Wayne Houchin's Invisible Palm.


I love the effect, its simple, its really more on the patter side than sleight and its close-up magic! I remember watching the invisible palm + kings incognito combo being thought by a magician in the Ultimate Card Sessions i bought from kuya mike. Although i forgot the magicians name, but i certainly wasnt Paul Harris. Hehe.

I saw awhile ago from Theory11.com Joe Pascals "DEATH TO THE DOUBLE UNDERCUT". Man, i gotta see this shit. Hehe. Frankly, i dont like the Double undercut but for some reason i kept on doing that on my card routines. I do it because its quick but its kind of fishy to some spectators ive encountered. Hmm, i could experiment another way to do it.

I cant wait for Saturday! My honey's gonna be here and its time for another gathering! I cant wait to perfect and develop the effects im learning.

Thanks for reading!


No comments: