Thursday, August 7, 2008

Big Tuna, Swim To Open Waters.

Hey there.

And yes it is me once again finding my inner writer soul and putting it to the test one more time. I need to make another journal where i must promise that i write with a lot of sense and no more over the top sarcasm and elevated egos. This time i must post sensible thoughts and experiences that i may ponder on for the yearrrrrs to come. Especially on my magic career which im doing pretty good so far and im beginning to enjoy performing to complete strangers! its a feat!

I missed blogging and i missed talking to myself. Preoccupied with a lot of things, this in one good exercise to keep me intact and sharp and everything. Self evaluation if you will. Sanity is indeed a good thing, just keep things steady and look onwards and feel the positivity even with negative things lurk within you. Thats me, the pessimist who looks at life in a crashing negative way. Speculating but not doing. Its a real pain, a real grind. But, its not the end of the world as they say... you live and given the chance to live, to survive another day.

Im glad to have found a great love, my honey. She made me complete and i wayyy better now that she's there for me, making me laugh and smile everyday. I sure hope we could spend a lot of time with each other, no matter, distance wont be a problem since we already passed a seriously rocky stage. its just a matter of trust and love of course! Im also glad to have friends that are somewhat insane like me, i love having good conversations with them and i learn much from them, and if i got something new in magic, they are my first spectators which at first curse me for fooling them and later on asking me how i did the magic. They are also pretty good bloggers, big fan of yours! -you guys know who you are since kayo lang naman nagbabasa neto. haha.

Last tuesday i was at a roadside bar in maginhawa st. with the KE brods. Our meeting was graced by the presence of Boss Leo, which is the Executive Editor of the PDI. awesome and cool guy! After a round of booze, boss ericson dared me to do magic to a couple of lady gals who just finished their dinner at the other bar. I would usually decline because i dont have much guts anyway but now, makapal na talaga ang mukha ko. So, with a little warm up i approach my spectators and did my routine. Astig! i made them laugh and giggle and it was very very satisfying for me. Of course, i didnt ask their numbers, not Ethical! Hehe.
First i did a back palm
Then the RENEGADE effect
Then HEAT
Then OUT OF MIND
and finally, POSITIVE NEGATIVE - inspired by Nomer. (which i really dont know the real way of doing it). But hey! I did it right!!! ala chamba nga lang.

Going out and attending TSC gatherings really boosted my confidence, and thanks to the warm people at The Story Circle, i was able to upgrade my skills and now i am not afraid to perform to complete strangers. My hands still shake a lot but thats gonna go away soon, i suppose. :)

So yes, its a matter of going out and attacking instead of always dodging the bullet.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aba. cool content!!! no more nosebleed. hahaha. :)

Nemo said...

Thanks Jen! hahaha! see, i can write this way to. Damn straight insanity!